New Business Development, Corporate Marketing, Flowserve Corporation
Adam’s eye opening speeches show organizations how to deal with market shifts and align with trends to grow.
Adam’s workshops allow you to uncover your business’s status quo risk and identify game changing opportunities in your industry.
Adam can work with you Board and leadership team to help management understand market shifts and manage Status Quo Risk, leading to improved linkage to customer needs and better competitive performance.
Meet Adam Hartung
Mastering Business Growth in a Dynamic World
Companies today struggle to maintain dominant market positions. When focusing on your core threatens to make your business irrelevant and the marketplace is changing so fast predicting its twists and turns seems impossible, your organization needs guidance — and fast.
Adam Hartung’s 20 plus years of experience developing and implementing successful business strategies to take advantage of emerging markets has made him a worldwide leading speaker on business growth. As a Fellow of National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) and as the No. 1 Leadership columnist for Forbes.com since 2009, Adam has been featured in publications such as Rolling Stone Magazine, The Week and BBC Television for his bold market predictions that have all came true. Through a rich collection of case studies and stories, Adam can show your organization how to develop new business, create new products and seize hidden marketplace opportunities.
Adam has been Featured in
What Audiences Say
- Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Excellent job at the FSA Spring Meeting in Savannah, Georgia. Many members came up to me and indicated you were one of the best speakers we have had at any of our meetings. Your topic was very timely and helps all of us clarify the direction we are headed as a trade association. I am so pleased we were able to get you in to talk at this event.William V. Adams
New Business Development, Corporate Marketing, Flowserve Corporation
- Adam Hartung was one of the best speakers we have had in years. His presentation definitely contributed to the success of our semi-annual membership meeting. We have received nothing but favorable comments from our attendees. Even though it had been a long morning and Adam’s presentation followed lunch – a good time for a nap or golf – no one left the room as Adam spoke. Adam’s entertaining and lively style captivated the audience, while pulling them into his material with real-life cases to which they could all relate. We offered free copies of Adam’s book to our attendees, and everyone stood in line to get their copy and speak briefly to Adam. They obviously found the presentation content valuable. Adam is very knowledgeable about his subject matter, while also being an engaging speaker. He gave our attendees thought-provoking insights to long-term success that could be applied to any market., offering them clear strategic information on how to improve growth. Adam was a pleasure to work with, and we highly recommend his presentation, especially in these tough times.Robert H. Ecker
Executive Director, Fluid Sealing Association
- Adam Hartung was a featured panelist for our event “Stump the Innovator”. Adam was an engaging panelist who demonstrated not only a mastery of innovation, but also great insights on how organizations really need to strategically re-align their operations in order to survive. Adam’s unique style lent itself to a wonderful mix of down to earth practical advice with forward thinking expertise that helped our audience grasp a realistic way in which they could impact their own business transitions.Nancy Munro
Co-Chair of Programs and Chair Leader for Executive Education Chicago MIT Enterprise Forum
- Adam delivered an outstanding workshop for an Executive group of the Scanlon Leadership Network member companies. Utilizing the results of over 800 case studies, Adam Hartung of Spark Partners helped our executives realize that by asking the right questions and following some new steps they can identify opportunities to grow, regardless of economic conditions. By overcoming internal Lock-ins, one can adapt to become whatever you want, and thus regain growth and future success. We asked Adam to return and present again for the Scanlon Leadership Network this time delivering the keynote address for our 46th annual conference May 11-13, 2009, in Kalamazoo, MI. See www.ScanlonLeader.org for details. Adam will also lead a whole group experiential learning process for all conference attendees. Adam is a popular speaker with a solid message and our members are excited he is returning. I also recommend Adam’s book “Create Marketplace Disruption: How to Stay Ahead of the Competition”.Wayne Lindholm
President, Scanlon Leadership Network
- Adam Hartung, author of “Create Marketplace Disruption”, was my guest speaker at a recent FEI Career Management Group Breakfast. Adam did an excellent job of enlightening the group on the concepts in his book, tying in current business events (eg. the GM Chapter 11 filing) and bringing topic relevance to the Finance executives in attendance. Adam conveyed his material with the authority one would expect from someone who had conducted extensive research but also with a sense of humor and engaging style that sparked many questions from the audience. Adam is the type of speaker who will make business leaders think differently about what they need to focus on and how to lead so they will have successful businesses not only today but in the future.Ron Zoromski
Formerly VP of Finance with Siemens Building Technologies, Inc. and current FEI Career Management Group committee member
- It is rare that we have a speaker so engaging and so loaded with key insights that most people miss. We always pack the house when Adam speaks. He locks-in and fully engages the audience providing such relevant data that he has become a regular speaker for MENG (Marketing Executives Networking Group). Our attendees rave about Adams ability to deliver excellent content in a captivating and motivating way. I recommend Adam to anyone who wants a professional, polished speaker, who can read the audience and deliver exceptionally well!Juli Bohm
MENG Chicago Chapter Chair and Board Member
- Adam Hartung presented to our University of Chicago Booth School of Business’ Consulting Roundtable (CRT). His presentation focused on how to galvanize our companies and clients — insights that are valuable in any economy and urgent in this one. Whether in a tough times or good, Adam’s insights are applicable — companies, and individuals, have to be adaptable. Adam’s presentation demonstrated what makes a company adaptable, able to manage through a downturn or market shift, and enlightened us with the surprising strategies and stories of those companies. Our audience was engaged, asked many questions and the presentation was energizing — so much so that when the session was officially over, 70% of the attendees stayed an extra hour of further discussion.Rachel Patterson
University of Chicago
- Your recent presentation to The Association for Corporate Growth CEO group was remarkable. The feedback we got from the leaders who attended was outstanding. Your researched based concepts and real world work experience challenged our members to create new success formulas for their business. I’m confident that the practical ideas you shared will be the foundation of new innovation and profitable growth for years to come. I look forward to having you come back and share more thoughts on how leaders can create significant breakthroughs in performance.Bill Durkin
Vice Chair, Corporate Network, The Association for Corporate Growth
- Adam is a dynamic speaker with his pulse on strategies for a fast evolving global world. His presentation fired up our teams with real world examples and exceeded our expectations. The message to prevent ‘lock-in’ to our strategies and push the envelope in new areas where we can see opportunity was perfect for our leadership conference. Everyone should read his book.John H. Jacko Jr.
VP and Chief Marketing Officer, Kennametal Inc.
- Adam’s talk was an eye opener for me. While I knew that my business would change drastically in the next few years, this was a wake up call that we needed to get in front of market demand. Defending the past was not going to help us survive. Since Adam’s talk, we have keyed in on what our customers value and have allocated time and money to pursue disruptive products and services. While I don’t know if we will be the next Apple, I am getting reactions from clients such as, “Wow! That sounds easy, like it would serve us better and cost less!” Thanks for the wake up call Adam!Thomas Dodds
President of slashBlue
- Adam spoke at a recent Cars.com strategic leadership meeting, with a focus less on inspirational rhetoric and more on a hard-headed dose of reality about what’s hard about innovation and what’s at stake. His insights encouraged us to look beyond today’s market structure and made an immediate impact on our leadership dialog and the need to allocate resources to “white-space” product development.CEO
- Adam Hartung was one of the best speakers we have ever retained. He was a dynamic and engaging presenter and left our attendees thinking and talking about eliminating their lock-in’s and generating the white space needed to innovate. His insight was thought provoking and delivered in a way that resonated with the audience. Our meeting is targeted at C-level executives which can be a tough crowd. Adam did not disappoint!Rene Soltis Shepherd
Senior Director Meetings and Education, The Vision Council