Forbes column, author, other publications, ebooks, presentations, and newsletters
Since 2009, Adam has been the
NO. 1 LEADERSHIP COLUMNIST ON FORBES.COM
Adam’s weekly posts have boldly and correctly predicted the future of companies such as Sears, RIM, Microsoft, Tesla, Netflix, and Apple. Covering all industries from small businesses to large corporations, join the 11 million readers who follow Adam on Forbes and gain insight to the latest market trends.
LATEST FORBES POSTS
- Apple: The Sustaining Innovation March, Or What A Defend And Extend Strategy Looks Like
- Facebook’s Surge, Apple’s Slide And Chipotle’s Stall — It’s All About Growth
- Can Netflix Double-Pivot To Be A Media Game Changer?
- Are PCs Irrelevant? PC Sales In Q1 Drop More Than 10% — Are You Surprised? Do You Care?
- Tesla Model 3: This Is What A ‘Game Changer’ Looks Like
THE BOOK THAT CHANGED THE GAME
Create Marketplace Disruption: How to Stay Ahead of the Competition
By Adam Hartung, July 2008, FT Press
Some companies can’t change in response to market disruptions. Those companies die. Other companies do respond…eventually. They survive, but they see their profits squeezed and their growth flattened. Then there are the long-term winners; companies that create their own disruptions and thrive on change. In Create Marketplace Disruption, Adam Hartung shows how to become one of those rare companies by creating lasting growth and profits.
Adam’s book reveals why so many companies behave in ways that are utterly incompatible with long-term success, and why even “good to great” companies are struggling for air. Adam demonstrates how to attack competitors’ Lock-ins, make their Success Formulas obsolete and create the White Space needed to invent your own new formulas for success.
What you will learn:
Create Marketplace Disruption shows how disrupting yourself is critical to reaping the benefits of market changes, and part of a process that can be reproduced over and over again. By reading this book, you will discover:
- How we get into business trouble, and how to get out of it: The myth of perpetuity and the dark side of success.
- That reinventing success means no more Defend and Extend: How to create your new Success Formulas and stay competitively advantaged.
- Why “thinking outside the box” doesn’t work: First, get outside the box — then, think!
- How to maintain “The Phoenix Principle” for long-term success: Practicing Disruption until it comes naturally.
GET THE NEWSLETTERS
Adam writes a monthly newsletter, which you can view here, and subscribe to receive the newsletter in your email. To view all Newsletters in one page collection, click here.
Disruptive innovation takes place in “white space”, is challenging and can be risky. Most companies could benefit from starting with basic innovation just outside their comfort zone.read more
Progressive companies have reduced the risk of disruptive innovation by partnering with the increasing number of business incubators. What started as a way for local governments and universities to add jobs and technology has become a Win-Win collaboration between big business and government. Here’s how your company can jump in.read more
Amazon is to Innovation as GE is to…? Status Quo. The danger of all established companies is that they defend the existing “success formula” and extend the product line rather than innovate. This leads to the Whirlpool of decline from which few companies escape. You can avoid the trap.read more
For summer reading, catch up on these three posts from my Forbes blog on the power of Trends.read more
The newsletters of Adam Hartung Keynote Speaker, Managing Partner, Author on Trends Kids going back to school, football season starting, the weather turning cooler – indicators that things are changing, and we have to prepare. This newsletter is all about...read more
DOWNLOAD ADAM’S EBOOKS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Adam Hartung’s Investor Presentation (PPT)
- Adam Hartung’s Women’s Foodservice Forum Presentation (PPT)
- Adam Hartung’s Status Quo Risk Management Playbook (PDF)
- Adam Hartung’s Status Quo Risk Management Playbook- Assessing Risk (PDF)
- The Fall of GM: What Went Wrong and How to Avoid It’s Mistakes (PDF)