Since 2009, Adam has been the
No. 1 Leadership columnist on Forbes.com
Adam’s weekly posts have boldly and correctly predicted the future of companies such as Sears, RIM and Microsoft. Covering all industries from small businesses to large corporations, follow Adam on Forbes and gain insight to the latest market trends.
Latest Forbes Posts
Create Marketplace Disruption: How to Stay Ahead of the Competition
By Adam Hartung, July 2008, FT Press
Some companies can’t change in response to market disruptions. Those companies die. Other companies do respond…eventually. They survive, but they see their profits squeezed and their growth flattened. Then there are the long-term winners; companies that create their own disruptions and thrive on change. In Create Marketplace Disruption, Adam Hartung shows how to become one of those rare companies by creating lasting growth and profits.
Adam’s book reveals why so many companies behave in ways that are utterly incompatible with long-term success, and why even “good to great” companies are struggling for air. Adam demonstrates how to attack competitors’ Lock-ins, make their Success Formulas obsolete and create the White Space needed to invent your own new formulas for success.
What you will learn:
Create Marketplace Disruption shows how disrupting yourself is critical to reaping the benefits of market changes, and part of a process that can be reproduced over and over again. By reading this book, you will discover:
- How we get into business trouble, and how to get out of it: The myth of perpetuity and the dark side of success.
- That reinventing success means no more Defend and Extend: How to create your new Success Formulas and stay competitively advantaged.
- Why “thinking outside the box” doesn’t work: First, get outside the box – then, think!
- How to maintain “The Phoenix Principle” for long-term success: Practicing Disruption until it comes naturally.
Order a Copy Today!
CIO Magazine and International Journal of Innovation Science
Newsletter: January 2016Posted: January 18, 2016
Given stock market events in December and January, many readers are confused about where they should invest – or if they should invest at all!… I helped explain the difference between indexes and “the market” and then suggested a way even the smallest investors could take advantage of indexes…READ MORE
Newsletter: December 2015Posted: January 5, 2016
Happy Holidays! Over the last few months I have had a number of international meetings in Hong Kong, Bali, Rome, Madrid and Marrakesh. Companies and associations in many countries have increased their focus on innovation in products, marketing and sales as a defense against marketplace disruptions. Senior execs recognize the need to identify and sidestep…READ MORE
Newsletter: November 2015Posted: December 17, 2015
Where have I been? For the last 2 years, I’ve been deeply involved with the National Association of Corporate Directors. After completing coursework on legal and strategic elements of public directorship, I achieved certification as an NACD Board Leadership Fellow. Also because“black hat” activities have reached into the corporate world, as a director, I needed…READ MORE
Download Adam’s Ebooks and Presentations
- Adam Hartung’s Investor Presentation (PPT)
- Adam Hartung’s Women’s Foodservice Forum Presentation (PPT)
- Adam Hartung’s Status Quo Risk Management Playbook (PDF)
- Adam Hartung’s Status Quo Risk Management Playbook- Assessing Risk (PDF)
- The Fall of GM: What Went Wrong and How to Avoid It’s Mistakes (PDF)